Odd when things good and bad happen in our lives how songs from our past help articulate our thoughts and feelings pretty good.
Growing up ELO was MY FAVORITE group that was always discounted by friends who noted they were not on the charts a lot and by one in particular who always compared every group to the Beatles…look, Beatles are great, love em, they are in a class by themselves but they broke up in 1969 and this was the mid 70′s through mid 80′s.
Filed Under VOICE OVER ARTIST · Tagged: Arts, Business, Circleville Ohio, Circleville Pumpkin Festival, Court and Main Restaurant, Pickaway County Ohio, Pumpkin Fudge, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Taffy, Ted Lewis Museum, YouTube
A couple years back I started creating video shorts for my website…my website crashed and I didn’t have it backed up…WELL…I was able to find one of my videos online. Hope you like it.
BTW, the guy that is laughing while I am standing in line at the bank….I have no idea who he is and before I started recording this he wasn’t speaking to us at all. In fact, he was yelling at his son about throwing rocks while he was waiting in line.
Filed Under VOICE OVER ARTIST · Tagged: Animation, Arts, audio book narrations, Believable, Business, Columbus, Commercials, corporate narration, English, Friendly Voice Over Artist, Guy Next Door, male, male voice talent, Media Production, On Hold Messages, Voice acting, Voice Actors, voice imaging, voice over, Voice Over Talent, Voice Talent
UGH! I was “THIS CLOSE” to getting a really huge break. I was a finalist for a voice over gig after 5 call backs…yeah, 5!
The competiton (as it were) started with me and 97 other hopeful voice over talent, then down to 20 then down to 10 then down to 5, 3, then me and one other person and sadly (for me) the other person got the gig. I suppose it is nice to be considered that strongly when you knwo so many other talented people are going after the same prize but ya know, I didn’t get it and I wanted it.
A lot of folks would say being second place just means you are the first loser and I suppose that is true if when you finish a race such as this you don’t gain anything from it. Me, I got a lot of good out of the situation.
- I got a lot of experience taking A LOT of direction from a client on the other side of the globe.
- I got exposure to a huge production company that has dozens of programs on tv worldwide and they are always developing more.
- I made contacts. Really good contacts for potential work in the future.
- I got a boost to my confidence that lets me know I am not only good enough for the local market but also the national and international markets.
- My voice was called “familiar without being common”.
- I was told that my “sense of humor and natural ad-lib abilities were a real selling point” for my talent.
- I was told that it was “OBVIOUS” that I am a “reader, actor, observer who is eager to listen” because of the way I “interpreted scripts and then adjusted my delivery with direction.”
So why haven’t you hired me or given me a shot?
Want a demo? No worries, send me your script and I will knock that bad boy out ASAP and you can take it too the bank that I will bust my butt to give you the read you want.