Hi, I’m Marty Daniels.
I’m a business owner but this is a personal website about my life, faith and the world we live in.
For most of my life, all I ever wanted to do was be a radio guy. I accomplished that right out of high school and since then it is what I have done…ok, I remember the comedy thing but it was short-lived and ill-advised…and the Voice Over thing which I did totally out of necessity and now you know it and here we are.
After 25+ year of packing and unpacking, town to town, up and down the dial I am left with some good friends, funny stories and a TON OF MUSIC (8,000+ titles in my digital library) from all decades of the past 100 years.
So all that music doesn’t just gather digital dust I’ve decided to put it to good use in the form of a show I call “What I’m Listening To This Week“.
What is it you ask?
What I’m Listening To This Week is really a game of musical roulette. I push play and the first three songs that play occupy the next 15 minutes or so of my audio journey. I usually just provide an intro and get out of the way allowing the music to conjure their own memories while they transport you to wherever they take you but sometimes I’ll share some trivial perspective or personal experience from the time I first heard the song.
Because of the complexities of music licensing online I use a service called MixCloud that allows me to play the music within their site, app, player, etc and they cover the licensing of all songs. As such, the show is not really a podcast because I can’t share it on iTunes or Google Player or anywhere else that NPR does all their music podcasts because I don’t have the break they get on licensing. (did that sound bitter?)
What Else Might You Find On This Site?
- I have been married to Trina for almost 30 years…I might talk a little about marriage.
- In late 1988 I decided Jesus is God and the Bible is true…I might talk a little about that.
- In 2011 I became a dad to Two powerful, energetic, creative, smart, kind kids.
- In 2017 I became a card-carrying member of AARP.
- I’m still discovering new things, meeting great people and trying to decide what I want to do with my life.
- I am a fan of coffee, baseball, tiny houses, gardening and a lot of other things so maybe there will be something here for you after all?
I hope the end of this page finds you happy, healthy and safe.
Welcome to MartyDaniels.com